I have been thinking of posting all week, but didn't ever get around to it. I was thinking of different titles for this post:
- The month of moving
- The month of madness
- A primary program every Sunday?
- So exhausted
- Off on a Loooong trip to Colorado
- Will life ever slow down?
But then I got thinking, I have so much to be thankful for. So I am going to try not to focus on the craziness in my life (because it really probably could get worse!) and focus on those things that mean the most in my life.
I am thankful for:
- A husband who loves me for who I am, and who is willing to give his co-worker a ride home from work even though it was 30 min each way out of his way, who is HOME from Seattle, who reads scriptures with me every night, who I trust enough to trim my hair for me, who goes along with my crazy ideas, who helps my mom with SO much, and who is a great Daddy to my baby!
- A daughter who is so precious and cute, who is saying tons or words, who randomly tells me "Love You", who runs to me and gives me big hugs and pats my back, who folds her hands so reverently during prayer (ok for like 10 seconds), who takes great naps and sleeps so beautifully at night, who LOVES Elmo, who carries around a little figurine of Jesus and says His name all the time, and who loves to watch football, or as she says, "Foo Ball Ball"
- A mom who is the most incredible woman I have ever known. Who has had to make some HUGE life changing decisions in these last few months, who is so brave, who is faithful, who has a Dyson vacuum and lets me borrow it VERY often, and sometimes even vacuums my house for me, who is an awesome Grandma to Mais, who babysits for FREE, and who is my shopping partner.
- My new house! I love everything about it!
- Our new ward, and especially our primary. Today was our primary program for Sacrament meeting, and it totally captivated Mais. She just sat there and listened for about half the time, and then fell asleep. All on her own, just sitting on my sister's lap. Because she had a nap during church, she was SO good for the rest of the time.
- And last, but not least, I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For the peace and the comfort that it brings into my life. For the Plan of Salvation. For the knowledge that I have that I will see my dad again, for the scriptures whose words are so true, for President Monson, for General Conference, and for Jesus Christ and His ultimate sacrifice so that I may live with my Heavenly Father again.
I am really sorry, but still no pictures of the house. I haven't taken a single picture on my camera since Halloween. That's right, the WHOLE month of November, not a single picture. We have been pretty busy. The weekend after we moved in, Shaun's family came to visit. Shaun and his dad put in a new garage door opener for us, put some child safety locks on all our our kitchen cabinets and did a few other things around the house. The next week, my mom sold her house! YAY! What a blessing in this CRAZY market. We moved some of my mom's things to her new house that weekend (even though she wasn't supposed to close on her old house until December 30). The next Monday, my mom's realtor called and asked if she could close at the end of November instead. Of course she said yes because she already owned her other house. So from Monday through yesterday I spent some extremely late nights at my mom's helping her pack up and start moving some smaller boxes and things to her new house. My sisters flew in this weekend to help with the move also. So many ward members showed up Saturday morning to move all of her furniture. Her house was empty in 2 hours! It was AWESOME! So between our move and then moving my mom for like 2 weeks straight, we are all pretty exhausted, sick of moving, but so THANKFUL it is done!
We leave Tuesday to head to my sister's in Colorado for Thanksgiving. My nephew will be blessed on Sunday. I am excited to meet him for the first time, but I have to admit, I am not really looking forward to the LONG drive that we will be making (2 days each way), and the extremely FULL car that we will be bringing. But I am looking forward to stopping in Provo for some delicious Cafe Rio! I have seriously been craving that every night for the past month and as I am typing this, my mouth is actually watering! YUM!
I scheduled my ultrasound for December 8th. That means in 2 weeks we will know if we are having a boy or a girl. We are so excited, and I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going. By the way, in the last week, I have totally popped out! My aunt saw me on Sunday, and then saw me again on Friday and there was a huge difference. And after I took my coat off at my mom's house on Thursday, she said, "WHOA! When did that happen?" Kinda crazy! My sisters think its cute, I'm still getting used to it again, especially this time since it seriously came on in like 2 days!
Well, I probably will not have time to post again until we get back next Monday, so Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Thursday, November 13, 2008
So I have a free minute in the middle of the day (I know very RARE!) so I thought I would hurry and post some pictures from Halloween and 1 picture of our house! (I will post more of the house when I take more!)
Mais is enjoying a sucker from her trick-or-treat bucket
Baby Elmo pauses for a quick picture!
Baby Elmo pauses for a quick picture!
"Just one more thing, Grammy. What do I say again?"
Pre-trick-or-treating pose! Her Grandma Grimmett sent her that CUTE Elmo Halloween Balloon!
This is the front of our new house! I love it, but I will love it even more when Shaun is home (tomorrow!) to enjoy it with Maisey and I.
Like I said above, I will post pics of the inside, once I actually take them, which won't be until we actually unpack everything! We are getting there though!
Monday, November 10, 2008
I have a lot to catch up on. Hopefully that will be later in the week.
But for now I just wanted to share that Shaun in officially done in Seattle on Friday! He called me this morning and said the project is ahead of schedule and they will be done a week and a half early!
I am SO excited!