Sunday, November 2, 2014

10/26-11/1 - Food Changes and Halloween

MONDAY:

Miley's little toes can grip anything. She is such a climber. Here she is scaling the kitchen cupboards.

After school we headed to the doctor to get his lab work done. I didn't tell him why we were going, so when he sat down and the lab lady told his what she was going to do he went into a state of panic. But, he was such a trooper and didn't even cry. His eyes started to well up at the beginning but we just kept distracting him with questions and he did great. The lab lady even let him hold his own blood afterward! He was so brave!!!

I put Miley on the toilet when we got home and she actually peed! We put her on the toilet a couple of times a week, but this was the first time she ever actually went! We only have a few packs of diapers left, so I'm toying with the idea of potty training her soon. Heaven help me!

Maisey came home from school with these library books. Be still my soul! 
(Then I introduced her to the MK & A movies on YouTube.)

TUESDAY:

My shopping buddy had free reign at the store to rearrange shelves since I spent over an hour reading labels. It is crazy how many products have food dye and high fructose corn syrup (hfcs). Luckily, Gage has hardly any variation in his diet, so I just had to find options to replace his staples. 

Did you know Tillamook Medium Cheddar cheese has color in it? So now we buy the white cheddar kind. That's what I was talking about. He likes cheese, so we now just buy a different kind. Same thing with ketchup, yogurt, bread, and treats. Plus I am making a lot more from scratch now, which is really time consuming but better for all of us!

That morning I started dinner in the crock pot to take to a family in our ward on my way to the temple that evening. At 4 pm I went to start dishing it up and realized my chicken was still raw. Yeah, I forgot to plug the dang crock pot in. :( So I threw some freezer burnt orange chicken in the oven and some rice on the stove. 

My mom and I made it to the temple for Stake Temple night. I was supposed to say the opening prayer but I was running a bit behind and made it up to the chapel session after the opening song started. My mom was already up there, so she filled in for me. I have the best mom!!!

Once I got home, Shaun and I were able to have a realistic conversation about an opportunity that presented itself a few weeks ago. I was asked by the owner of the gym in our town if I would become a group fitness instructor. At first it sounded like a great idea, and I was super excited about it. But the more I thought about it, I just kept getting the impression that it wasn't the right time. I need to focus on my kids right now, especially Gage. So Shaun and I discussed it and he had been getting the same impressions as me. 

WEDNESDAY:

I went to my normal gym class and afterward talked to the fitness instructor manager about my decision. She totally understood and I felt such a huge weight lifted. I know I made the right decision for now. Hopefully sometime down the road I can make it happen!

I hadn't had a stay-at-home veg night for a loooong time. I sat curled up on the couch with my bowl of ice cream and watched game 7 of the World Series. Unfortunately, my team (KC Royals) didn't win. But I still enjoyed my evening.

THURSDAY:

I had some crazy boys help me make cupcakes for the Halloween Carnival the next day. Yep, the cracked egg didn't make it to the bowl!

Miley using those toes of hers for what she does best!

FRIDAY:

Maisey's class earned a pajama party for passing so many rocket math levels. She thought it was pretty clever to wear her "I heart Saturday" jammies to school!

I hosted the jog-a-thon pizza party for all of the students who raised over $100. It went really well and the kids felt very special. 

As soon as school was out we headed up to Daddy's office for some trick-or-treating.
These pirates sure are cute!

Our next stop was the Carnival at the church. Gage loved this game and kept moving the car to the middle slot so he could collect as many parachute guys as he could.

Maisey was Ms. Independent and just went around with friends the whole time. 

And Miley was a major scaredy cat and hung with Daddy the whole time.

Our final Halloween adventure was the trunk-or-treat. Miley sat in the car the whole time because she was so afraid of everything. 

When we got home, we let the kids each eat one piece of candy with out food dye in it, then we put the rest away. We are going to take them swimming as a trade for all of their candy.

The kids were in bed by 8:15. Such a nice, low key Halloween.

SATURDAY:

This was Gage's second to last soccer game. It's amazing to see his improvement from week to week. He was actually focused all game and did awesome as goalie. 

Shaun played golf with some co-workers all afternoon and I worked on stuff at home, like ordering our Christmas cards. You know, since it's Nov. 1st! Don't want to be too late. :)

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Oh man, I'm curious how the food changes help-kind of wondering if I should try something similar with my kids. And thank you! I actually scored the rug on the clearance rack at target. it's an outdoor rug so it's actually perfect for my messy boys. :)