Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Waiting Game!

So I had my appointment yesterday evening. I waited to be called back for almost an hour and was having some pretty strong contractions. I started timing them and they were about 8 minutes apart. I was super excited and thought maybe he would just send me over to the hospital. I finally went back and met with him and he said I wasn't dilated yet, but that things were definitely starting to happen. So we scheduled an induction date just in case but said he would most likely see me before that.

The Salem Hospital only schedules 3 inductions a day, and the first available time wasn't until Tuesday (May 15) morning. So we scheduled it for that morning, but my dr. said he would be really surprised if I made it through the weekend.

I walked out of my appointment feeling disappointed, but also glad that there is an end in sight. And I was happy that I didn't have to schedule another appointment!

I had contractions the whole way home and went to our Young Women's activity last night. I was still having contractions. When I got home, I rested on the couch and caught up on my Wheel of Fortune shows that I've been DVR'ing this month (It's Portland month!) and my contractions nearly stopped. So Shaun made me sit up and play Mario Kart with him and surprisingly they started up again. It was pretty hard to steer while having them. We eventually went to bed, and all contractions stopped. :(

Maisey came in my room at 3:00 am and started crying and said, "Mommy, why are you still here?" It was really sad. Shaun put her to bed while I was at the church and told her that we might be going to the hospital in the middle of the night and that when she wakes up our friend might be at our house. She is so excited for this baby to come that she is having a hard time understanding that we don't know when she is really coming.

Once we got up and going this morning, the contractions have started back up again. I am going to plant some flowers, weed my back yard, and go for a walk today to try to keep things going. We'll see how it all works out!

But, at least we have Tuesday!!!

P.S. It's a sad day when your husband's clothes don't even fit you!!!!!!! I can't find a shirt to do yard work in. :(

4 comments:

Danielle said...

C'mon Baby!!! I can only imagine how antsy you are! It's so hard at the end to be patient, hang in there!

Brandon and Angela Hoopes said...

Miley's just way too comfortable in there! Hopefully we hear some good news soon!

The Benson Family said...

Hope she's in your arms sooner than later! Rough stuff, waiting is!

Jenny said...

I'm sending a big hug and lots of prayers your way. :)