Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sleeping in Seattle

Shaun and I had a great time in Seattle! We did some really fun things, but the best thing about the whole trip was that I got to sleep in 2 days in a row. One day til 10:30 and the other til 9:30. It was so nice! I also shopped a lot and ate some yummy food. On Wednesday night, we headed to the Cheesecake Factory for my "birthday dinner!" It was delicious as usual! Thursday, I met Shaun in down town Seattle for lunch. He took me to a place that he frequents often. It was this little bakery that had delicious sandwiches and the best Chocolate Peanut Butter cookies. We headed to the Mariner's game Thursday evening. It was a pretty slow game until the 7th inning, when the Mariner's tied the score at 1-1. In the bottom of the 9th, Rual Ibanez hit a walk-off homer to win the game. It was pretty exciting! On Friday I picked Shaun up from work and we headed to the Space Needle for some lunch. There is a restaurant on top of the space needle that rotates 360 degrees in about 40 minutes so you can see the whole city of Seattle as you eat. It was an awesome atmosphere! Definitely something I have never done before. It was a little disorienting at first, but I got used to it after a while. Here are some pics from the trip!

Our seats were just slightly to the right of home plate and about 30 rows from the field! They were AWESOME!

We were decked out in our blue and white!


The team after winning the game in the bottom of the 9th.



This was our view of Seattle from the Space Needle Restaurant!




This was our table, with Seattle in the background. It was really a neat experience.
Thanks Shaun for a great few days! I miss you!





No comments: