Monday, May 24, 2010

Weekend Ramblings

This past weekend was jam-packed full. . . AGAIN!!!

Friday night, Shaun and I went out. We enjoyed walking around Bridgeport, eating at P.F. Chang's, eating pear flavored jelly bellies, and shopping sans kids. We did not enjoy the pouring down rain, the really bad accident and the snow we saw on the freeway on our way home. Oh yeah, and not to mention the police stand off we also saw -- guns drawn and all!!! It was a pretty crazy night.
*
*
We woke early Saturday to attend the Keizer Iris Parade. The rain held out on us! Thank Goodness!


Our friends decided last minute to come with us since it wasn't raining! I'm so glad they did! Porter and Maisey had so much fun together. Maisey was really scared of the characters dressed up. There was one guy from Papa Murphy's walking around and Maisey was screaming. Porter said to her, "It's ok Maisey, he's just a pizza. He's not a bad guy!" It was so cute! And he shared all of his candy with her! What a sweet little boy!

These 2 crazies had a great time!

Gage cuddled with Grammy most of the time! He was captivated! I've never seen him sit that still before in his whole 13 months of life!!!

Our favorite "float" in the parade! Go BEAVS!!!
*
*
We headed to the festival after the parade and it still wasn't raining. We decided to have some lunch and let the kids ride a few rides. Well, our luck turned on us mid-lunch when the rain started coming down in sheets! We made the dads go get the cars. We left the festival with one sad little girl who wanted to ride the "BIG ferris wheel".
*
*
Next on our Saturday was a baptism of a ward member! Shaun home teaches his part-member family, and I am his primary teacher. We both felt like we should be there to support him, but some one had to stay home with the kids while they slept. I begrudgingly decided I should go because I felt like he would care more if I was there than if Shaun was. I hadn't shaved my legs in over a week and the weather couldn't make up it's mind so I didn't know what to wear. I had like 10 minutes to get ready and I was just not in a very happy mood!!! I threw on a medium-length skirt (that was WAY too big for me -- Kind of a nice surprise) and my knee-high boots to hide the hairy beasts, and my thick wool coat and headed out the door. Once I got there and saw the smile on this boy's face, my countenance changed! He was so happy to see me and all of the sudden, I was happy to be there! After the baptism ordinance, while the boy and his dad where changing, our ward mission leader shared with us the parable of the bike. And how the Atonement will make up our shortcomings if we give everything we have! I was able to apply this to my life and being a mother. Often times I feel like I fail as a mother, but if I give everything I have to my kids, my Savior and my Heavenly Father will make sure we do not come up short. I NEEDED THIS MESSAGE ON THAT DAY!!! I walked out of that baptism probably getting more out of it than anyone else there (except for the boy, of course)!
*
*
Next task on the jam-packed day -- RUNNING!!! Man, did it feel good! I went just by myself and felt completely energized, like I could run all day! After about 3 miles it started POURING so I ran as fast as I could to the birthday party that I was going to meet Shaun and the kids at!
*
*
Maisey's friend Ansen turned 5 last week and had a Super Heroes party! It was loads of fun and all of our friends were there!
Maisey with her Spidey mask on! (She is trying to make scary hands. . . that's the best she could come up with! What can I say? She is ALL girl!)
*
*
On Sunday, Shaun went out to water out "grass" and actually found grass!!! It was so exciting! It's been so stormy here all week, so I wasn't sure if the seed got washed away!
But apparently not, because I see green stuff! YAY!!!
*
*
Oh, I also tried a new recipe on Sunday-- Grilled Citrus Steak! I'll have to post a pic later this week! It was delicious!
Hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments: