Saturday, April 23, 2011

Gage is 2! (For Real)

Today is my little guy's birthday! I feel bad that I'm missing his special day, but that's why we celebrated last weekend. And I know that Daddy will do some fun things for him today!

I don't have any pictures to post but I will take some next week.

Some things I want to remember about Gage:

* He is the world's cutest sleeper. He finds the corners on his blankies and snuggles them right up to his face. He always sleeps on his side facing the wall. He crosses his feet at the ankles and often times cuddles right up to Dora or Mickey. He used to throw everything out of his crib, but for the most part, that phase is over. I think he learned quickly that Mommy and Daddy won't keep giving his stuff back.

* He is full of loves, but only when he wants to be. He will come up to me and say "mama" and put his head against me. That's his way of giving loves. Sometimes he'll even plant a slobbery one on me. But if you ever try to love on him and he isn't in one of these moods, forget it!

* To say that he LOVES trains would be an understatement. This guy lives and breathes trains and trucks and pretty much anything with wheels. He got lots of trains at his party last weekend and he has been putting them together all week.

* I think owning a cow would be monetarily beneficial to us. It is amazing how much he loves cheese, milk, yogurt, and ice cream! He is like his mom and pretty much only likes Tillamook  cheese. He won't eat it melted either. Just a thick slice of cheese right off the brick. I found these Tillamoo's at Costco, they are individually wrapped cheddar cheese slices. Kind of like a string cheese, but a cheese slice. They have saved my life! I have to alternate his cups with water and milk otherwise he would be 40 lbs already. And as soon as he wakes up in the morning he heads to the fridge and stands there yelling for yogurt. I tell ya, this kid knows what he wants!

* He is getting better about communicating. If he doesn't know how to say what he wants, he can come and get me and pull or push me to where he wants me and then point. It's actually pretty amusing how creative he is at showing me. He can say a lot of words, but hasn't put any together for a 2-3 word sentence yet. Some of the words he can say are: Mama, Dada, Gamma, Ball, Apple, Nilk (milk), Yogurt, Cheeeeeeese, Dink (Drink), Nack (Snack), Dinkie (Blankie), Isee (Sissy), Ora (Dora), Mickey, Boots, Backpack, Nigh Night, Bye Bye, Hi, Uh oh, Yes, No, Choo Choo, Truck, Car. I'm sure there are more, I just can't think of them right now.

* He totally loves nursery now. He used to scream and cry when we left him in there and we had to leave his blankie in there with him. But now, as soon as Sacrament Meeting is over, he books it out of the chapel by himself and walks himself to nursery. (It's just right across the hall) The nursery leader can leave the door open and he won't even try to escape. I'm so proud of him!

* Gage loves to be outside! Nothing's changed there. He doesn't care if it's 20 degrees and pouring down rain. He would play out there if I let him. Unfortunately for him, his mommy doesn't like that kind of weather so we've spent much of these last few months inside. But we are both looking forward to some non-rainy weather!

* He loves his baths and swimming! He pours the cup of water over his own head to wash his hair. He also pours it over his sissy's head and that is why she has decided to only take showers now. The king of the tub is ok with that because now he gets all of the bath toys to himself!

* He likes to play sports. He can actually shoot the basketball into the basket and doesn't just slam dunk it every time. He can also run and dribble the soccer ball at the same time. There are middle school kids that can't even do that. He is going to be a great athlete when he gets older.

* Most of all, I want to remember how much I love him! He is such a funny little guy and brings so much happiness into our home. I appreciate that he loves me unconditionally and that he is patient with me.


Happy Birthday Buddy! 

I can't believe you are already 2!

2 comments:

Monica McCoy said...

I can't believe it either. And, we've never even met him. Crazy.

Danielle said...

happy birthday to your big guy!