Monday, July 4, 2011

Week 2: 4th of July

We started the 4th of July at 4:30 am. Shaun and I woke up and packed up the car so we could leave at 5:30 am. We headed to Provo to take part in the Freedom Run! Months ago, our whole family decided to sign up for a 5k! It was awesome to watch everyone achieve their goals. Some had to work really hard at it, and others, not so much!



Pre-Race! Those kids were so tired. They didn't even make it to mile 1 before they were both out!


Post-Race! I stuck by my mom the whole time while pushing the kids in the stroller. I am seriously so proud of her for not only finishing the race, but for running the WHOLE thing! She totally rocked it!

And Shaun, I'm also WAY proud of him! He didn't train at all! He hasn't ran since last year when I would drag him along on my 1/2 marathon training runs! He finished right around 24 min. Way to go!!!


The whole group!!! 7 finishers + 2 kiddos!!!

Right after the race, we hurried over to the Freedom Festival Parade. This parade has over 300,000 spectators. Thanks Sue for saving seats for us!

Maisey loves a good parade!

And Gagey loves his Grammy!

Our family + Max!

Shaun's favorite part of the parade - the fly over!

Maisey's favorite float in the parade - Tuacahn's The Little Mermaid Float

Gagey liked seeing Scooby Doo

and Star Wars
(and Daddy didn't mind this one too!)

After the parade, we started our drive down to St. George where we would be spending the rest of the week! We checked into our condo then headed over the Grandma Moore's house for some sparklers and then to watch the firework show from her balcony.

I was surprised how much my kids enjoyed the sparklers!

She is pretending her sparkler is wand from Harry Potter
(Dad listened to a Harry Potter book on CD during the drive to keep him awake.)



Thanks Grandma for the sparklers!

I remember as a girl watching fireworks from Grandma's balcony, so it was fun sharing that memory with my own kids! We saw the hill catch on fire, and everyone thought that was pretty cool! It was only a precusor to what was to come!

Stay tuned!

No comments: