Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Whirlwind Weekend

It all started Thursday night when I went to bed. I felt sick. The next morning I woke up and also felt sick. I took a pregnancy test and . . .

SURPRISE!!! It's positive. 
(It wasn't a surprise to us! We are way excited!)

I texted Shaun at work and a few hours later he showed up at home with
these flowers and my favorite kind of apple from Rocky Mountain! He sure knows what I like.

I called my OB's office and they wanted me to come in for a test, so I ran down there real quick since Shaun only worked a half day. I took a test there and it took forever for it to turn positive so the nurses were worried. They sent me to the hospital lab to get blood drawn. I was nervous that something was wrong.

After the hospital Shaun brought the kids down to my mom's and I met him there for dinner! My mom and I were doing our big Carb-loading dinner for the next day.

After dinner, Shaun took the kids home in the van and I ran to Lowes to grab some things.

I was stopped at a red light waiting to turn left onto the freeway to get home when I saw a car coming right at me. I just closed my eyes and prayed that it wouldn't hit me. Well, it didn't hit ME, it hit just a few feet behind me. The lady coming from the opposite direction that I was heading ran a red light going 45-50 mph. She hit a car that had the green light, ricocheted off of her into me, then into the truck behind me, then crossed two lanes of traffic before hitting the guard rail and slowly rolling to a stop. It was scary! I called Shaun right away and told him I just got hit. Then I called 9-1-1 and talked to a complete idiot. After calling her back, the police finally came along with an ambulance to take one of the passengers to the hospital. I was a little emotional because I didn't know what to do and the very first person to know about my pregnancy (besides Shaun) was the driver in the truck behind me. He was such a nice man. Our friends came to the accident scene and waited with me as the police took down all of the information and the tow trucks came to tow all four cars away. They were the second ones to know about the pregnancy. I told them my mom would be mad that they knew before her!

This is the pic of the car I took on my phone when it was still in the middle of the road. Shaun went to the tow yard today to look at it and said the picture doesn't do it justice. The tow truck driver and our mechanic are both sure it's totaled. Which isn't too hard to do when it's not worth very much in the first place.

I eventually made it home and was trying to settle down. My mom was at a wedding reception when all of this happened and she finally called me back so I could fill her in on what happened.

I put myself in bed that night, wishing I could take a Tylenol PM or something. I didn't sleep all night. My shoulder was really sore from where the seat belt was and I was nervous about the next day.

I didn't think it would ever come, but finally. . . the TRIATHLON was here!!!!!
Look at this good lookin' fan club! It was so fun to hear them cheering for me at the pool. Shaun parked them right at the end of my lane!
Lap number . . . I don't know! I beat my PR by 15 seconds!
The cheerleaders at the end of the biking route!
The biking route was BRUTAL!!! I'd been training on it for the last 4 months and never did I have a wind like we had on Saturday! A few days before I did my last training ride and I was averaging 17-18 mph for the whole 12 miles. On race day, I was averaging 14 mph but I still felt like I should be going 17-18. It was way frustrating and way draining.
The run was just HOT! Didn't notice the wind as much but the heat was intense. 
I was soooooo ready to be done with it all. We won't find out our times until the end of the week, but I'm just proud that I did it. I did it pregnant, and with a bruised shoulder and no focus or sleep.

Official Times:
Swim: 11:13
Bike: 51:44
Run: 39:31

After we got home, I vegged on the couch all afternoon watching a close BYU football game and then put myself to bed at 8:00 pm.

I love when he actually cuddles me!

On Sunday we were able to have some great friends over for games and dessert. It was nice to have a distraction from everything. Also that day we called the insurance (I just wanted to get the triathlon out of the way first) and filed our claim. We are slowly trying to get it all worked out, but today we paid almost 300 bucks cash just to get it out of the tow yard. How frustrating for not doing a single.thing.wrong!!!!!!! I'm sure everything will work out the way it is supposed to, but right now, I'm just annoyed.

But I should be happy! The Dr. called back today and said blood work all looked normal for how far along I am and he scheduled an ultrasound for me in 3 weeks to make sure everything looks good so far! What a relief! We decided to break the news early since a bunch of people already know. We wanted those who didn't to hear it from us! We are so excited about this new addition to our family, but a little bit nervous because now Shaun and I will be outnumbered!


that's what she said...

Wow-that is a crazy weekend! First of all-congrats on baby #3!!! And the triathalon after the car accident and everything?! You rock! Hope the morning sickness isn't too bad-hang in there!

Jeff and Brandi said...

Congrats! That is so fun! Good job on the Tri and sorry about the car. What a headache it is to deal with that.

Trevor and Amy said...

AH I'm so excited for you! You are officially wonder woman! :) Miss ya!

Dana and ohana said...

i KNEW it! congrats!

Randi said...

You are a wonderwoman. I don't know how you do all that you do! Congrats on number 3. It's going to be hard to measure up to the cuteness of 1 and 2!

Jana said...

yay congrats on the baby! and way to go on the tri! i so want to do one someday!

Brandon and Angela Hoopes said...

Yay! I'm sooooooo excited for you! 3 kids isn't as scary as it seems. Good job on the triathalon, too... especially preggo!

Desiree said...


Mason & Laura said...

Holy freak! what an INTENSE weekend!! I am so glad you are ok after the accident, and SO excited for your baby news! Congratulations!! And you SHOULD be proud you did a triathlon pregnant :)

R and M said...

Sorry about your weekend! Congrats though!!!! Woohoo!