Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Denver

My little sister graduated from nursing school last week, so I flew out to Denver to be at her pinning ceremony and to have a nice little mommy break for the last time before #3 comes. Shaun held down the fort at home, so I could enjoy some time with my mom and sisters. 

We packed the weekend full! My mom and I flew out of PDX at 6 am on Thursday, which made for a looooong day and night (good thing our layover was in SLC and they have a Krispy Kreme in the airport!). We ate Costa Vida for lunch and that night was the pinning ceremony. We were all very proud of Kelsey and how hard she worked at following her dreams and becoming a nurse, even if it took going back to school after graduating from BYU! After the pinning, we celebrated with some Macaroni Grill.

On Friday, my mom and Kelsey and I headed to the spa for a day full of pampering. This was HEAVEN!!! Seriously, the best five hours of my life. We had back facials and massages, European facials, manicures, pedicures, and a hair shampoo and style, with lunch! And not to mention the fun time laughing and visiting with each other. It was awesome. We met up with the rest of the group and went to Cracker Barrel for dinner (which never disappoints) then headed to the Avalanche hockey game. The game went into overtime and the Avalanche scored with 1.2 seconds left in overtime to win the game! It was really fun!

Saturday was more of a relaxing day. I had to go to the Worldwide Leadership Training meeting that morning, which was nearly impossible to stay awake in because of the late nights I had had, but it was still good. I have to give credit to my mini cadbury eggs for keeping me awake. I helped my sister with her taxes that afternoon, then we headed to an outdoor mall by my sister's house. It was FREEZING, like 10* freezing, so we didn't last long. We headed home for dinner, put the nieces and nephews to bed, then got our games on!!! 

Going to church on Sunday and actually being able to listen was a big highlight of my weekend. The Denver Temple President happened to be speaking in my sister's ward that day and it was awesome. Some of the things he had to say really hit home with me, but more on that later! After Sacrament Meeting it was time for my mom and I to head back home. We had interesting people on each of our flights.

But on to the pictures. . .




Kelsey's friend from her ward got to pin her!

A waitress at Macaroni Grill sang a beautiful Italian song to Kels, and they brought her a yummy chocolate cake, which she happily shared with her preggo sis!

Go Avalanche!!!

Right after the game winning goal!

See the clock? I wasn't exaggerating when I said with 1.2 seconds left!

All the girls on Sunday

I came home about 5 lbs heavier, and I have an OB appointment tomorrow! It always seems to happen like that! Oh well! It was so fun and a much needed weekend away!

1 comment:

Dana and ohana said...

what a fun weekend! So glad you could get away for a bit.