Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Time Out for Women and Stake Conference

Time Out for Women:

I went to Time Out for Women this past weekend with my mom and some friends. This was my first time going, and it was wonderful! I took Miley with me both days and she was awesome! It was hard to take notes unless she was sleeping, but she still did really well. 

The theme for this year was "Seek the Good" and they challenged each of us to seek one good thing in our lives that we can give a little more of our hearts to. Such a good challenge for me.

These are a few other things I want to remember:

* Goodness is contagious, spread it around (Mary Ellen Edmunds)

* You will know your children as adults for all of eternity. But for now, and these next precious few years you get to watch them as children, learn and grow and experience new things. (Hilary Weeks)

* Remember to: Listen carefully, look forward, laugh often, and love deeply (Deanne Flynn)
* We create the weather in our home by the way we act. (Deanne Flynn)

* Genesis 21:6 "And Sarah said, God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me." (Deanne Flynn)

* Hebrews 4:16 "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. (Laurel Christensen)

* Stop worrying about what you can't control (others agency), and worry about what you can control -- yourself!! (Laurel Christensen)

* The Lord's time frame has been in place your entire life, and it is still in place. You are exactly where he knew you would be. (Laurel Christensen)

On Friday night I took her out to get change her diaper and get in her jammies. We hung out in the lobby for the rest of the time and she fell asleep on the chair.

On Saturday during lunch, we met Mary Ellen Edmunds!

And, this is what happens when you leave the house with Gage awake and Daddy still in bed. He makes another "cake" on the carpet. The list of ingredients: milk, pez, eggs (cracked on the carpet), frosting, kit-kats, salt and pepper, apple slices, and crackers. YUM!

Stake Conference:

Our Stake Conference was the same weekend as Time Out for Women, which made it a very long day on Saturday. I was home long enough to get my older kids ready for bed, feed Miley, and pick up the baby sitter for the adult session that night. But I am very glad I went. This was our first Stake Conference with the new presidency. 

My favorite quote from the night:
"Children are like trees. If they are shaped and molded while they are young, they will grow straight."

I'm so lucky that I get to spend my days at home with my children so I can be there for them and help shape them. 

What a spiritually fulfilling weekend!

No comments: