Thursday, November 8, 2012

Tree, Table, and Treats!

Shaun made this big tree on our wall behind our dining room table so we could have a thankful tree this month. Each night at dinner, we all say one thing we are thankful for and write it on a leaf and tape it to the tree. It's been fun to hear what everyone comes up with. At the end of the month I will have to record some of them.
 This is what our tree looked like a few days ago. Now it has double the leaves!
(Shaun is very artistic. . . If I had to free hand a tree it definitely would not be looking like that!)

The first night we talked about being grateful and what it means. Gage happily piped in "I'm grateful for Gage!" so that's what I wrote for him!

 We got a new (to us!) kitchen table! :) My aunt moved into her new house and got all new furniture so she offered it to us! Now my table matches the rest of my house! I'm so excited!

 The kids and I made these cute acorn treats (found here) for their teachers and I'm making a bag for our friend's birthday this week. They were super simple, very cute, and the kids had a blast. That's my kind of project!

 Happy Fall!

No comments: