Friday, February 12, 2010

February: A little of this and a little of that

First, the Olympics start tonight! I am so excited! For the next 16 days you will find me GLUED to the T.V. trying to catch up on all of the events. We are DVRing all of them! What a fun time!

Second, We went to my mom's school for lunch today. Maisey loves when we do this. We usually wait to leave until all the kids come in from recess so my mom can show off her adorable grandchildren! :) As Maisey, Gage and I were walking to our car, Maisey said to me, "All of Grammy's kids think I am great!" She is just as humble as her mom!

Third, As a mom I have been so proud that Maisey stays in her bed for naps and at night. She never gets off or leaves her room. . . until last week, that is! She doesn't do it for no reason, it's usually a pretty legit reason, but it still makes me sad. My little girl is becoming more adventurous and exploring her own world without her mommy. It also makes me a little nervous because I don't want her exploring in the house in the middle of the night! But I do have to say it's pretty darn cute to see her poke her head around the corner and look into the kitchen as I'm feeding Gage in the morning and hear a very cheery and enthusiastic, "Good Morning, Mommy!" She always keeps me on my toes!

Fourth, Maisey is 30 months old today! 2 1/2!!! I can't believe some of the things that come out of my 2 1/2 year old's mouth!!! She is quite the chatter box and loves to talk to anyone who will listen! Especially her aunties! She has tons of words in her vocabulary and speaks in long sentences. She is still taking gymnastics and LOVES it! She is getting better at coordination and bravery!

Fifth, SURPRISE!!!!! We took a trip to Idaho for my Aunt Judy's 60th surprise party!

Look at her face! She had no idea!

Maisey was so excited for the party! She learned how to use these blow outs and couldn't wait to show Aunt Judy her new skill!


The blowouts also kept the older kids entertained as well!

My two CUTE boys!

And the 2 girlies!

Maisey with all of her "families" at the party!
After the party we drove back to Boise to hang with Shaun's g-parents and aunt's family!

Here is Maisey, Gage, and Shaylee (Shaun's cousin Amanda's baby)
Gage is about a month older than Shaylee and they had so much fun playing together!
We went to dinner one of the nights and someone asked us if Shaylee and Gage were twins. They look absolutely NOTHING alike, except for their size! Gage has dark hair, dark eyes, and olive skin. Shaylee has very light skin, big blue eyes, and blond hair!
We stayed at a really nice hotel in Boise right by the airport. I was excited because it was a suite which meant we could put the kids to bed at 7:30 then we could still stay up and watch T.V. in the living area with out it bothering the kids! Maisey was excited because it had a pool! I put both of these pictures up because in each of them Maisey and Shaun have the same smile! In this one they both look genuinely happy. . .


. . . and in this one it looks like they are ready to say, "Mom, if you make me smile one more time. . ."
Sixth, I tried taking some quick Valentine's pics of the kids a few mornings ago to send to Uncle Ryan on the mission! Yes, I know I'm a little bit late! Yes, I know that's not like me! I just don't know where all of the time went! Anyway, long story short. . . the kids were super grumpy!

You wouldn't be able to tell by this picture, but this was the only one I could use out of like 30! She would intentionally close her eyes, look up at the ceiling, cover her face with her hands, etc.

In this picture Gage is actually SCREAMING, not smiling! He would not stay still! It was so frustrating, he just kept crawling off!

This is the best of the two of them together! You can see right up Maisey's skirt and the shadows are HORRIBLE!
Like I said, they weren't great!
But that's why I don't pay to get them done. Because you never know when they will actually be happy!
Look at those faces! CLASSIC!
Seventh, I've been trying to eat better lately and exercise in an attempt to lose weight! Just like everyone else and their dog, I'm sure! I started the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred this week. I did it one day and then got a nasty cold and bad cramps so I didn't do it again this week! I have been so sore all week I haven't even wanted Shaun to touch me! I'm starting over on Monday! I'll keep you posted!
Eighth, 2 big surprises this morning! I stepped on the scale before I showered and saw that I finally weigh less than I did when I got pregnant with Maisey!!!!! That has been my goal pretty much since I had Maisey, but then Gage came along, and so you can imagine my excitement when I saw that number on the scale today! I immediately called Shaun at work to express my joy!!! But it didn't help that Mr. Valentine surprised me with a 1 lb. box of See's Chocolate this morning! Thanks hun! I'll enjoy them, slowly!
Like I said, there was a little bit of this and little bit of that in this post, but it was all stuff that I wanted to document!
Hope everyone has a great Valentine's Weekend!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

i just got the 30 day shred video too-tough stuff! and congrats on the weight loss! :)

Brandon and Angela Hoopes said...

Looks like you had a fun trip! Good job on your weight loss, too! And that's even before you started the exercise video.

R and M said...

Sounds like a fun month Em!