Saturday, September 11, 2010

We are WARRIORS!!!!!!!!

First, if you've never heard of the Warrior Dash, go here to check it out!

Did you look? Crazy huh?

That's what we did today!

And it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!

The Northwest Obstables were:

1. Breathelss Bog - Trudge through the waist-deep water and over the logs
2. Hay Fever - Hustle up and over giant straw bails
3. Mossy Maze - Navigate your way through the mossy trees
4. Cargo Net - Manuever over the cargo net
5. Cliffhanger - Rapell down a steep ravine
6. Flat Cargo Net - They snuck this one in on us. This was not on their web-site!
7. Junker Jump - Clamber over the rusted wreckage
8. Blackout - Dive into darkness and escape the trenches
9. Knee High Hell - Speed step through hundreds of tires
10. Warrior Roast - Leap over the Warrior fires
11. Muddy Mayhem - Scramble beneath barbed wire as you near the finish
It all started with a fun Carbo-load last night! We all met at the park! I made 6 lbs. of Spaghetti for everyone. It was so fun, and we were able to plan out our outfits, and a last minute shopping trip to the totally ghetto-fabulous GEN-X!!!!!

It was a fun girls trip, and we all scored some awesome finds to complete our outfits!
On Saturday morning, we all met right by the freeway to follow each other up! We had a little photo shoot before we left!
The Duo!!!
John and Shaun revealed their outfits! They had NO idea they were matching (but their wives did! Haha!)

All the CRAZY boys!
And their HOT wives! Do you see all those hot pink fish nets? Courtesy of GEN-X!!!!

After our photo shoot, we headed out to Great Plains, OR!

We were so anxious and ready to be there!!!

Can you feel the excitement?

Once we were there, we took TONS more pictures. We had to get them all in before and after because the cameras would have gotten TRASHED in the obstacles.
Some random girl totally loved the guys' costumes and wanted her picture taken with them! This wasn't the only request!

Look at all these studly men!

(I'm afraid a few of the YW from our ward were scarred for life. I believe I heard the comment, "I will never be able to look at these men the same again!")


Warrior Women!

The whole S'morriors group!
Thanks for the name Brandon!

Shaun and I, pre-race!

Lindsey, Jallyn, and Shirlynn takin on the Warrior Roast!

That's me (with the green headband) takin on the Muddy Mayhem!
(This is before my lovely husband came and tackled me in it!)

We are OFFICIAL WARRIORS! Check out those medals!

TRUE WARRIORS!!!!!!!

We then all headed to the "showers."
AKA the big muddy pond that hundreds of other people have rinsed off in.
And it was FREEZING. In case you were wondering.

I totally rocked the mud in my hair, ears, eyelashes, and other places I won't mention, when I went to Wal-Mart tonight. I got quite a few stares!

Maybe I should actually go shower before I climb in bed.
But I'm exhausted!

That's right, even warriors need their sleep!

3 comments:

Monica McCoy said...

That is awesome! How fun!

Brandon and Angela Hoopes said...

Wish I could have done it, too, but it definitely was not a pregnancy-friendly race! Brandon told me all about it! I was sad I didn't have an excuse to wear some hot pink fish net tights, though!

janel said...

I so wish that I was there for this - you definitely get bragging rights for quite some time!