Wednesday, June 25, 2014

June 15-21: Father's Day, Bowling, and Beach

SUNDAY:

We celebrated Father's Day by taking naps, having Cafe Rio burritos, and ice cream cake! Pretty sweet deal!

But what he was really excited about was that he got my cousin's Xfinity username and password and can now watch all the sports he wants on his phone. Yaaaaay! (said sarcastically!)

The kids all had a movie night and a sleepover.

I checked on Miley before I went to bed and found her laying on her Frozen figurines and holding on to Anna. 

MONDAY:

Pancake breakfast with cousins!

I was feeling a bit adventurous so we decided to go bowling! Shaun was going to meet us during lunch to help with all of the kids but he ended up now being able to get away. So it was me with 5 kids!!! One of the kids bowled their ball down the wrong lane, one kid bowled their ball before the pins were reset and it hit the machine. The score computer kept losing connection so our score was always off. Oh, and we had a two year old with us! We ended up leaving part way through the 7th frame! Maybe we will try again when we have another adult with us!


Miley thought she was pretty hot stuff getting her own shoes and ball and her name on the screen!

My bowling crew!!

TUESDAY:

We ventured to the $1 Summer movies. We saw Hotel Transylvania and Miley did much better than I expected her to. I would definitely take her to see another movie!

That afternoon my mom came over and I helped her set up her external hard drive and transfer all of her pictures from her phone over to it.

She had this picture on there! I can't believe it has already been 2 years!

Such a sweet baby!!!

WEDNESDAY:

After baths in the evening, we practiced riding bikes again. He totally has the brakes and steering down now. And he can start with out any help! I would say he can ride a two-wheeler and we officially marked it off our summer list!

THURSDAY:

We headed to Seaside for a little getaway. I was nervous to go with out Shaun, but we made it work!

Our first stop was the Tillamook Cheese Factory!

Gage wanted a turn driving and these guys wanted a picture so they just hopped right in with him. 

My cheese man sampling some cheese!

Miley was obsessed with watching the cheese being made.

We all got yummy ice cream then made our way to Seaside.

I would like to say that she was all smiles at the beach. . .

. . . but in reality, she was only smiling when she was on the blanket! She hated the sand and the water and refused to touch either one!

It was very windy that afternoon!

Maisey was all about the beach! She had such a great time, but I reminded her she used to be just like Miley was!

She went in the water up to her waist. . . in her clothes!

Miley wouldn't even let her feet touch the blanket if it had sand on it!

Gage has always loved the sand and was totally in his element. However, he didn't like the sand pelting him in the face from the wind.

He built a mote and talked Maisey into bringing him pails of water to fill it up and soak his feet!

After a few hours at the beach we called it a day and headed to the condo to swim. That lasted about 30 minutes because it was so cold and windy!

We walked along the promenade and stopped at a shark exihibt!

Now this is my kind of drink shop! Forget BevMo!!! 

In our hunt for dinner we found the carousel!

Gage loved that the cat had a fish in his mouth!

And Maisey had us wait a whole turn just so she could ride the mermaid horse! :)

We tried on hats at the hat shop

And Gage begged for a tattoo. . . kidding! But he was pretty set on playing with that sign while we waited for our dinner!

We ended the night with a bit of beach yoga in our condo! :)

FRIDAY:

I woke up to this cute girl two inches from my face saying "Hi Mama!" Which is kind of a problem since she was sleeping in a pack and play 20 yards from my bed! And she must have made a smooth exit because I didn't even hear a thud! That should make our summer vacation interesting!

It was really nice in the morning so we headed down to the beach first thing. Miley made huge improvements by playing in the sand with a shovel. She still wouldn't let her feet touch the sand, but we will take any progress we can get!

And all of that progress washed away, literally, when a sneaker wave caught me off guard and got us soaked. She was pretty upset!

My mom tried to get her to touch the sand and she was just not having it!


Gage wanted his legs buried but his big toes showing!

Look at that blue sky!

By about lunch time it started getting windy again so we decided to pack up and check out of our condo. 
We then went over to the aquarium before we headed home.

Maisey feeding the seals pieces of cut up fish! She was brave to touch those things!

Gage enjoyed the color rubbings.

And Miley went around and kissed all of the tanks!

SATURDAY:

Shaun had to work Saturday morning. And by work, I mean he had to sit around and watch servers load while eating Voodoo Doughnuts and watching the world cup projected up on the wall! Hard life!

The kids and I worked hard on cleaning out the van. It was DIS.GUS.TING!!! I'm not even sure when the last time it's been cleaned!

Apparently it was before Christmas, because that is a candy cane stuck under the front console.

In the afternoon we hired a babysitter and we went on the tour of homes in Salem. We found good ideas for our next home, and definitely some things we wouldn't do. It was fun to finally spend some good one-on-one time with him!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

haha...I bet I have candy canes in my van too. it's been a long time since its been deep cleaned!