Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away!!!

I took the kids to Costco this morning, and Maisey really had her eye on the bakery. She kept begging me to buy a cake. What the heck are the 4 of us (2 of which are trying to eat healthy) going to do with a whole Costco cake? So she settled with the promise that her and I would make a cake after Gage went to bed tonight.

So during nap time I looked up creative ideas online. I haven't really done in "creating" since Gage's birthday, and I'm kinda having withdrawals! I found this adorable idea and decided to go ahead with it!

When I showed Maisey what we were going to make tonight she told me we couldn't make it because it was raining and people don't like to swim in the rain. At the store, she picked out a strawberry cake mix with strawberry frosting! I guess I'll have to wait for sunnier days. . .
Oh, and I also cleaned out Gage's closet last night! I've been squeezing him into his winter clothes (size 9-12 months) because it is STILL winter here! So, if you see my little man sporting shorts and a tank top when it's 50 degrees and POURING rain, it's because he has NO winter clothes left that fit him.
I heard a rumor it's supposed to be in the 70's next week! I don't want to jinx it, but I'm really looking forward to it!!!
Those of you who are experiencing nicer weather than us (i.e. ALASKA), please do not comment! I will only resent you!

No comments: