Saturday, August 25, 2012

Happy 5th Birthday Maisey

 
Maisey turned 5 on Sunday, August 12. 

Here is her 5 year old birthday interview:
(some of the answers surprised me, and some made me laugh!)

* What are some things you like to do? Um, go to Pump it Up but now it's closed, go to Jamba Juice, and I also like when I um go to the American Girl doll store and eat at the restaurant there. Also, I like doing fun things with my family and getting ready for kindergarten. 

* What things do you like to do around the house? Um, go outside and play with Spring (the neighbor girl), fold one hundred towels, watch tv all day, play with Miley, play the computer, dressing up, and workbooks.

* What are some of your favorite foods? Um, tortellini, going to Panda Express, and also um, noodles and spaghetti, the thing we had for dinner the noodles with the little green things on it (Parmesan Pasta), cheese and noodles, and mac n' cheese.

* What do you like to wear? Dress up clothes, and dresses that are stylish, make up and jewelry, and my American Girl dress.

* What is your favorite color? Rainbow, which is all of the colors.

* Where are some of you favorite places to go? I like going to boring meetings, no don't write it don't write it. Erase it! Jamba Juice, Pump it Up.  I like going on dates with Daddy to the pet store and to NW Kids Club. I also like to go to Madi's house and Peyton's house, and Porter's house, and Savannah and Hailey's house. And the American Girl Doll Store and the Restaurant. 

* What things make you happy? Surprises, birthday surprises, uh Christmas and holiday surprises, presents, Popsicles and ice cream and cupcakes and cake. Blowing out candles. Having a Barbie party.

* What makes you sad? When Gage hits me, when people have to leave from our house like Papa. When I don't get to play the computer.

* What do you do when you are sad? Say sorry, and um, try to make myself happy by trying to have more fun. Also, when I am sad I say a prayer.

* What do you do when you are mad? I hit Gage, I tell mommy I accidentally hit Gage.

* Who are your best friends? Spring, Madi, Peyton, Porter, Miley, Grammy, my family, Shayla, Gwenn and Audrey, Gracie, Joy, Jenna, Abbey.

* What are your favorite movies or TV shows? Jasmine, Alvin, Finding Nemo, Koala Brothers, Shrek, Good Luck Charlie.

* What are your favorite books? American Girl doll magazines, I Spy books, Fancy Nancy books, and the Tangled sticker book.

* What are you favorite songs? All the Young Women songs (hymns), new church songs, and the primary songs, Count Your Many Blessings.

* What is the best thing about having a birthday? That I get to blow out candles, and have a Barbie cake.

She also just went in for her 5 year old check up. Here are her stats:
Height: 41 1/2 inches (29%)
Weight: 39 lbs (44%)
She got all of her kindergarten shots last year, so she doesn't need shots again until 6th grade!

Her and her doll, Elizabeth, got to wear matching dresses to church on her birthday!

I was going to make cinnamon rolls for her birthday breakfast that morning, but a cobbler that I had made the week before dripped all over the bottom of the oven and I forgot to clean it. So I preheated the oven and it filled with smoke. We had to improvise, so Maisey asked for pink scrambled eggs. I put in some red food coloring and it turned them orange (duh, yellow and red make orange). Maisey told me they looked like puke, and I would have to totally agree! Haha! I cleaned the oven that afternoon and she got her cinnamon rolls the next morning!

On Sunday after church we went to our friends' property to bbq and play around. I made lots of pink cupcakes to share with everyone!
 
Then we celebrated at home on Monday night.
When Daddy got home from work he surprised her with flowers!

Maisey got her own Primary song book

some Fancy Nancy books

a purse

a game, some Barbie movies, some art projects, and a big bag full of blueberries (which she ate all of them in like 2 days!)

Grammy's friend made Maisey this beautiful Barbie cake. I can't believe how much time and detail went into this thing.


Gage couldn't leave his hands off of it. Look how mischievous his face looks.

This girl had a pretty spectacular 5th birthday! 
We sure love her!

No comments: