Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Birthday

I turned 26 two weeks ago, Eeek! Closer to 30 than 20. I wanted an iphone for my birthday, but then heard that the iphone 5 is coming out in September, so I decided to wait until then. So I told Shaun that I wanted a day off for my birthday. I wanted to lay out in the back yard and read a book all day. I didn't want to have to change a diaper, make lunch, put kids down for naps, referee fights, etc. So he took the Friday before my birthday off of work. It didn't really turn out the way I imagined but that's ok. I ended up spending most of the day shopping for outfits for family pictures the next day. But I did fit in a massage. We really celebrated the day after we got home from the beach. My mom took me to breakfast and gave me a card with a note in it for pedicures for her and I. Then that afternoon Shaun and I went on a date! My mom watched the kids while we played tennis and went to dinner. Tennis was awesome. The first set Shaun beat me 6-1, but that score was very deceiving. Almost all of our games went to Duece, but I just couldn't close them. But the second set was a much closer 6-4, but Shaun still won. I have never beat him four games in a set before! I was way proud of myself! Then we came home and got everything all packed for our next trip! It was a pretty low-key birthday this year, but I guess that's what happens when you get older.

No comments: