Monday, November 11, 2013

Gage - Picture Day, Sick, and Basketball

 Gage had picture day at school last week. I left before he actually got his picture taken, so I sure hope the blue paint that came home on his shirt happened after pictures were taken!

The day after Halloween I picked Gage up from school and the first thing he said was, "Mom, my brain hurts." Then we got home and he told me he was going to go rest. I told him to eat lunch first.
 Before I could make lunch, he was asleep in his bed. That should have been my first clue he was not feeling well.

 That afternoon we were outside playing and he fell asleep being pulled around in the wagon. Clue #2.

 When we took his temp he was 104* and we decided to have him stay home from our ward trunk-or-treat and carnival. He didn't even care. Clue #3.

By this time I realized we might be in it for the long haul!

 We kept him home from his basketball game and team pictures on Saturday.

 And we kept him home from church on Sunday, school on Monday, and school on Wednesday. By Wednesday afternoon, you could tell he was starting to feel better because he was back to bugging everyone and getting in lots of trouble!

That sure was a long week for all of us!

Gage played in his second basketball game two days ago!

 He was shooting around before the game started and made two baskets, granny style. He was so excited.

During the game I saw him down in his football position and I snapped a picture real quick (I was coaching the game this week because Shaun wasn't feeling well!). He is sure a funny kid!

That's pretty much what Gage has been up to lately. I kind of miss my cuddly sick kid, but I'm so glad he's not puking and coughing anymore, and sleeping through the night again!

No comments: