Thursday, September 18, 2014

7/7-7/12 - Creatures, Tennis Lessons, KROC Center

When we got home from vacation we found this frog living in our water valve box. We didn't mind this creature so much!

Miley decided the kids' bathroom floor needed a good mopping so she emptied an entire kleenex box into the toilet and then attempted to flush it. That was a fun mess to clean up!

Maisey started tennis lessons! This may just be her sport. She had so much fun and improved a ton over the lesson session.

While Maisey was at lessons I ran around the track at the high school. Gage rode his bike around for a while and when he got tired he hopped in the stroller and pushed his bike to the side. I didn't get a lot of running done after that!

Creature #2 of the week: We discovered a family of raccoons moved in under the play house while we were on vacation. The gray blob moving under the porch is the raccoon. iPhones aren't meant to take pictures in the dark, or of things in motion!

I was really craving a Swig Dirty Dr. Pepper, so I thought a sonic drink with some blue coconut could help fill the void. Unfortunately the worker but in blue raspberry instead of blue coconut and it was DISGUSTING!!!

This poser things she is hot stuff on Maisey's top bunk!

Baby snuggles!

I found a mom who would play tennis with me during lessons. So Maisey and I showed up looking like twins!

She rocked her tennis lessons this week!

We found raccoon poop all over our yard. It smelled terrible and was hard to clean up, so we decided it was time for them to go!

We visited the library for a story teller.

This kid kept faking that he was asleep.

I asked him to sit up and he yelled, "But Mom, this lady is sooooo boring!" Yeah, he just said what everybody was thinking, but it was still awkward.

I did some research online on non-lethal ways to get rid of raccoons. Ammonia soaked tennis balls were supposed to do the trick. Unfortunately, that didn't work.

I had my first official Parent Board meeting. Do you think anyone will take me seriously with a pink sparkly notebook?

Every so often this kid totally crashes! 

We needed something to burn our energy on Friday night so we rode bikes to our community's Relay for Life event. Our bike trailer was in storage so Shaun hooked the wagon up to his bike. Totally ghetto! But I loved my view!

They had belly dancers there, which my kids were captivated by. And then Gage yells, "Mom why does that lady have hills on her back?" Gage for the win again!

The Disney Store had a booth set up with drawing demonstrations. Maisey drew Olaf.

Saturday was super hot so we got in swimsuits and cleaned blinds all day! Fun way to spend a Saturday? No! But our blinds looked a million times better afterward, so I was happy!

Our garden grew out of control while we were on vacation. We had lettuce and zucchini growing everywhere, so I picked one of each to start with.

After working hard on blinds all morning, we decided to have some fun in the afternoon. We drove down to the KROC Center, but Maisey was too exhausted to make it! I love how her glasses fell down her face.

Miley became quite the little fish this summer, and is super independent with her Puddle Jumper!

The KROC Center had this Wipeout type course to play on. The big kids and Dad LOVED it!!! 

I made some zucchini brownies for my primary class and for a BBQ the next day! They were delicious and I didn't mind eating 4 or 5 because they had veggies in it!

Since the tennis balls didn't work we had to try to get the raccoons out so we could block off all of the entrances so they couldn't come back. I used Shaun's pellet gun to fire off some warning shots, but what ultimately ended up working was flooding them out with the hose. Bye-Bye raccoons and raccoon poop!!!

No comments: