Saturday, September 13, 2014

Summer Vaca 2014 - Getting There

Our summer vacation was a loooooong time ago, so I'm going to do my best to remember some of the details.

The first night of our road trip we left after dinner and swim lessons. We made it 4 hours and stayed in one hotel room with 6 people. The night was awful. Grammy slept between the two big kids to keep them apart (comfy night of sleep for her? I think not!) and Miley kept screaming and climbing out of her pack and play. There was not a lot of sleeping going on the night!

The next day we drove to Boise and stopped for a few hours to visit with Shaun's Grandparents. We met up at the same McDonald's that we always do and let the kids run around while we visited.

We ended our visit with ice cream and then got back on the road.

Our next stop was my Aunt Judy's house in Burley. We got to see some of my cousins that I hadn't seen in a while. It was so fun to catch up with them and see (and meet) their kids. 

We played outside all evening to work out all of our energy!

My cousin Alisha took all of the kids on 4-wheeler rides!

They also played in the wagon

I'm pretty sure I have a picture of me at this same age going down this same slide! I LOVED my Aunt Judy's house as a kid! (And I still do!)

Miley and Tyler were fast friends!

The next morning, we headed out to our actual destination, St. George!!!

But first, we got to stop in the valley to see our newest cousin!! Uncle Ryan and Aunt Hannah had their baby a bit early, which worked out well for us since we were passing through. Gage was so sweet with Baby Lucy.

All 5 Grimmett cousins!!

We were on a tight schedule, since we had to be in St. George for a family dinner, so we didn't stay to long. Unfortunately, we were about 30 minutes down the road when I realized I left my purse in Hannah's hospital room. That set us back quite a bit, but luckily I was the driver that day, and was able to make up the time, sans speeding ticket! :)

It felt good to actually make it to our vacation destination!!!

No comments: