Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July Festivities

By the time the 4th hit we were ready for some fun. The morning started with a photo shoot which started in the house, then made it's way to the back yard! Daddy hangin with the kiddos!

Gage has the cutest smile I've ever seen!

Yes... I know--Gage is looking less than thrilled to be getting his picture taken!


Here he cracks a little smile!
In the evening, we had some friends over for a BBQ and the kids swam! It was fun just sitting in the warm weather and chatting!

Maisey and her friend Kody are getting drinks from the whale's blow hole.

Shaun getting ready to BBQ.

Maisey, Kody, Hailey, and Savannah eating dinner.

Mommy caught Maisey sneaking watermelon off the table!

Getting ready for fireworks.

Maisey was not a big fan of the fireworks this year. Daddy tried to get her to hold a sparkler and she finally did it. But then she reached out and tried to grab the fire and burnt her hand. :(
She wanted nothing to do with fireworks after that and sat on my lap and screamed the WHOLE time!

Since I had Maisey, my friend Jenn had Gage!
He slept through the whole thing!

2 comments:

ksjones83 said...

When we were in MD my middle child, Samara, got a sparkler right above her eye from one of the other kids. If it was my oldest daughter, Alyssa, the night would've been over but my little Samara got ice on her eye and felt better and wanted to do it again!

Brandon and Angela Hoopes said...

Looks like you guys had a fun 4th! You guys deserve it after everything that's been going on! I love the picture of Gage smiling! He's changed since I saw him last- which hasn't been too long!