Monday, March 1, 2010

Extreme Makeover -- Family Room Edition

Some of you may remember this post.
I guess I didn't remember how much hard work goes in to redoing a room.
With our tax refund, we bought a new couch! A red one! And it's coming any day now!

So this weekend we put our old couches up on craigslist and decided to shampoo our carpets before the new couch comes! So we moved our couches out to the garage and the rest of the furniture into our kitchen. At 2:00 pm on Saturday I decided we should paint! It would be so much easier to paint now than it would be once we have the new couch. We put the kids to bed EARLY and my totally awesome mom came up to help us! We got the whole room painted in just a few hours!

Yesterday we shampooed the carpets, scrubbed the base boards and took down all of the tall blinds and washed them! Our room is looking in tip-top shape --- just waiting for our couch to come! And our new bookshelf and curtains that I just ordered last night!

I am so excited for the project to be finished! I will post pictures once everything is here!!!

2 comments:

Brandon and Angela Hoopes said...

Yay! What color did you paint? You will be soooo glad you painted now instead of later! Can't wait to see it!

The Moore Family said...

I love your new couch. It is so pretty!!