Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Trip to Utah and Colorado

Day 1: Lots of Driving! Drove to Aunt Judy's house in Burley, ID and only made two stops! The kids were AWESOME! Gage loved having his own movie to hold and watch. We thought he would watch Cars on repeat the whole trip, but actually his movie of choice was Strawberry Shortcake! Maisey was also entertained by movies, Barbie ones, but she mostly colored in the car.

  (One of our stops on Day 1 was at McDonald's in Boise to meet Shaun's grandparents and Shaun's cousin's daughter. We let the kids run around and play for about an hour!)

Day 2: We drove from Burley, ID to Provo, UT, checked into our hotel, then went to visit BYU campus! We drove past the football stadium, showed the kids the bell tower, where mommy used to live and then headed to the Wilk to eat lunch and ice cream. We went to the bookstore where Gage threw a MAJOR fit and I carried him all the way out to the car while he was kicking and screaming. He fell asleep within minutes. Maisey and Daddy finished in the bookstore and came out with a few fun things. After BYU, we headed up to Cabella's and let the kids look around at all of the animals and fish. Gage thought it was pretty neat. Maisey could have cared less. Shaun was chasing Gage through the store so Maisey and I stopped at the movie kiosk to see what the movie was. It was a deer hunting movie. Maisey said to me, "Mommy, that deer just fell over. Is he getting back up?" I just laughed to my self and we kept walking. We hit up Cafe Rio for dinner then rode the Trax into Salt Lake to look at the lights on Temple Square. The kids LOVED riding the train, but they were pretty naughty at Temple Square. It was a packed day and we all totally crashed that night at the hotel.

Ice cream at the Cougar Eat

Gage growling at all of the animals at Cabella's

Ryan, Gage, and Hannah on the Trax

The Nativity at Temple Square

The kids loved having all of their aunts and uncles there to chase them around.

Gage was really naughty during the Christus presentation, so just Maisey and I got a pic.

Loved all the lights.

The fam!

Day 3: Friday morning we headed to this fun place called Lowe's Extreme Sports in Provo. It's a big trampoline/foam pit place! The kids (and the adults) had a blast! We ate at In n' Out for lunch, YUM!!!! We went back to the hotel where Gage and Papa took naps and the rest of us played games. In the late afternoon, we headed to Olive Garden for an early dinner then Shaun and I went to the Timpanogus Temple for Hannah's endowment session. Janel took the kids back to the hotel for swimming, movie watching, and bed time. After the temple, we stopped at Krispy Kremes for a late night treat! 

Shaun jumping over Maisey into the foam pit

Gage flying into the pit!

Maisey's turn! The kids would get some serious air!

They had so much fun with Aunt Janel!

Gage tackled Daddy into the pit!

Yes, that is me, 20 weeks pregnant, swinging on a Trapeze bar into a pit! Shaun wasn't thrilled!

Day 4: Hannah and Ryan's BIG day! The sealing was wonderful! However, right before they came out of the temple, Gage decided to throw the biggest fit of his life (he is known for pretty bad ones but after a while can snap out of it. NOT this one!) and again I took him to the car kicking and screaming and we missed all of the pictures. Luckily, Shaun's aunt took pictures on our camera and when I downloaded them all to the computer I could relive the moment! :)  Gage once again fell asleep in the car and we headed to the luncheon. I helped Janel get it all set up while Shaun sat in the car with Gage sleeping. When it was time to start the luncheon, Gage was still sleeping. I went out and switched Shaun so he could enjoy lunch with his family. After a while, Gage woke up and we were able to join the rest of the fam for lunch. We took a few pics after lunch then headed back to the hotel. Maisey fell asleep on the way back and Shaun carried her up to our room and she slept on OUR bed until it was time to wake her up for the reception. When I woke her up, she had wet OUR bed and she was still wearing her dress for the wedding (which was the only dress we brought!) So by the time we got things cleaned up, asked the front desk to change the bedding, and stopped at the store for a new dress, we were late for the reception and missed the pictures (again!). Good thing we got a few at the luncheon! The kids didn't last long at the reception so I took them back to the hotel (and stopped for dinner at In n' Out, again!) and Shaun stayed for the rest of the reception. Later that night, Papa watched the kids and put them to bed while we played games in the hotel lobby with Shaun's fam! It was way fun!

The new happy couple!

I loved this pic!

The whole Grimmett Clan!

Our fam!

Maisey was begging all morning for a pic with the bride! She finally got her moment at lunch!

Day 5: We woke up bright and early, headed to Krispy Kreme, again! This time with the kids. They loved watching the doughnuts being made and sampling one! Then we headed to Colorado to visit my sister, Christina and her family! Maisey was so excited to see her cousins that's all she would talk about! Once we got there, we just hung out all afternoon and played games that night! It was a nice relaxing change of pace from the rest of our trip.

Day 6: We just hung around Christina's house all morning and in the afternoon after naps, we took the kids bowling. Our kids have never really been bowling before, and they loved it, except for the whole taking turn with five kids thing! We ordered pizza for dinner, put the kids to bed and played more games! It was a nice way to end the trip!

She is such a poser right now!

Day 7: We said our good byes to all the cousins and made our way back to Aunt Judy's house in Idaho! Maisey had been excited to get back to Judy's house all week, because Judy promised her she could play with a big Barbie castle on our way back through. It made the goodbyes with Shayla a little easier! We stopped for lunch at Cafe Rio! Shaun wanted to get one more meal in there before we headed home! The kids were good on the drive and picked up right where they left off at Judy's!

Shayla and Maisey

Derick and Gage in their matching jammies!

Day 8: We checked the roads that morning and it showed icy conditions, so we were really focused on just getting home! When we made it to each of the usually hazardous spots, the roads were perfect! We really lucked out with weather on our whole trip! We made it safely home late Wednesday evening! The kids were so funny when they went inside the house. They kept going around to just normal things like the pillows on the couch, and their seats at the table and telling me how much they missed each of these things. It was cute!

Well, we survived our trip with some major fits, lots of fun, lots of games, lots of GOOD food, and several pounds heavier!

No comments: