Friday, June 1, 2012

Our First Week With Miley

Shaun had the whole week off (he gets two weeks paternity leave, but is saving one week for later this summer!) and it was so nice to have him here to run Maisey to preschool and ballet and to take Gage outside to play. He also took both of our cars into the shop to get some maintenance work done. All I had to do was focus on Miley that week and it was way nice. My mom made dinner a few nights, and my friends brought dinner over all of the other nights. These are just a few things that I wanted to remember about the first week and a few pictures.

Monday:
Miley had a weight check at the pediatrician's office. She weighed 7 lbs. 8 oz. which is what she weighed when she was discharged. Also, the first few days we were home from the hospital the kids were OBSESSED with her! They pretty much still are, but at least they aren't begging to hold her every second now, just every minute! :)



Tuesday: 
Miley had her newborn photos taken! I can't wait to see them all! This is just one pic that my mom snapped with her phone!

Wednesday:
I had a lactation appointment that morning, and you have to see the ped. first for a weight check so the insurance will cover it. So she got weighed and was back up to her birth weight, 7 lbs. 14 oz, by four days old! The ped. was impressed! Obviously nursing was going well for her, since she had gained 6 oz. in two days, but it was very painful for me. The lactation lady and a prescription that she had my dr. call helped a ton, and things have gotten better since then.

Friday:
Shaun's mom came to stay with us for a week!

 Saturday:
We took Miley out in public for the first time besides to the pediatrician. We went to the Keizer Iris Parade. It is a tradition for us to go every year, and I didn't want to miss it. So, at a week old, Miley enjoyed her first parade.

Sunday:
 Miley and I got some much needed quite time while Shaun and Grandma Grimmett took the kids to church! This was a pre-church picture!

No comments: