Sunday, October 7, 2012

Tri Tri!

 Not tri tri tri though! My triathlon turned into a biathlon this year! I didn't train very much for the triathlon so my goal was pretty much just to finish! And finish, I did. . .  kind of. 

I completed my swim in just under a minute over my last year's time. I was definitely satisfied with that considering I only swam once this summer and that was just to get a time to turn in.

 
Then I met up with a couple of friends and we set out on a leisurely bike ride! We chatted, took in the beautiful scenery, stopped to offer help to a fellow ward member who crashed, and really took our time. We eventually figured out that one of my friends' tires was low in air. We got that taken care of and the last mile of the route went by quickly!

We were the last ones to finish on the bikes, and by the time we got back to the park to start on the run, we weren't really looking forward to it. Miley was ready to eat, and with me being her only source of food, we decided to skip out on that part. So we parked our bikes, ran through the finish line with the kids, then headed over to the bbq where I fed Miley and visited with all of the other wonderful women in our stake who actually finished!


My husband and kids are the best! They were there to support me and cheer me on every step of the way!

Proof: my personal cheerleader!

I'm looking forward to next year when I will actually be able to train more and won't need to worry about feeding my babe!

Official Times:
Swim: 11:21
Bike: 1:58:50
Run: N/A

No comments: