Friday, December 14, 2012

Comfort in Trying Times

With the recent shootings at the mall here in Portland and at the elementary school in Connecticut I find life very disturbing right now. These unspeakable and heinous tragedies are so hard to comprehend and I have such sympathy for the families affected.

I was watching Dr. Drew, a psychologist on CNN, talking about how there needs to be some major changes with people in the world and those changes need to start with in the family. I really appreciated his comment. 


I only hope this picture is what is happening right now. May those hurting find comfort in our Savior, Jesus Christ. Especially all of those little kindergarteners who were taken way too soon. (I'm definitely holding mine tighter this afternoon.)


1 comment:

Desiree said...

I saw a picture similar to this on facebook, and that did it for me. I hadn't cried all day until that. Now it's all hitting me! Anyway, thanks for this, it's a comforting thought to know what I know about where those little children are now.