Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Dance Festival

Dance Festival. Whew!! It's over! 

It started out fun and exciting, then some aspects got extremely frustrating, then it got so close that it got exciting again! It really was quite a process and overall I am thankful that I got to be apart of it. Our YW were amazing. They knew all of their dances, they were where they were supposed to be when they needed to be, they were helpful, and overall they were just AWESOME!

For a day and a half, my job was to guard an entrance to the building. It was one of two main dancer- entrances, and it was not supposed to be used as an exit or an entrance for anyone who wasn't a dancer. You would think that people would be able to respect that, but I got yelled at time and time again for asking people to follow the rules. I was either getting yelled at by chaperones on the outside, or in trouble from the people inside when some used it as an exit. I almost cried at one point.

 But then, seeing all of the dancers lined up for the first live performance on Saturday made it all worth it. They were all so excited to show off 6 months of hard work for their family and friends. 





Then, seeing the Beehives, who I got to work with (when I wasn't shuttling around older girls!) perform, it made me want to cry again, but in a good way! They nailed their dance and rocked their costumes!

 My crew showed up for the last live show!
I was sooo excited to see people who weren't going to yell at me! 

And miss separation-anxiety Miley was so excited to see her Mama! I got home Friday night after she was asleep and left Saturday morning before she woke up. I hadn't seen her for 32 hours which is the longest we have ever been apart. 

 The hot rod during the swing dance was Gage's favorite part of the show!


These are our "holy cow, we actually made it through" faces after the last show! 
Love these ladies and their hard work!

I survived the weekend on excedrin and dr. pepper, but came away with a respect for dance and the spirit it can bring into a room. . . and a farmer's tan!

1 comment:

Dana and ohana said...

I think you need to add "and I love dance and the way I move" to that last sentence. Thanks again for all your awesome help.