Friday, January 29, 2010

Puke Update

After puking-round 2 last night, Shaun decided not to stay and ref the game after his and to come home and help me out. I requested that he stop on his way home to get some sprite for the poor girl.

I am so not a big fan of giving my kids pop. (This is a battle between Shaun and I) It is So sO SO unhealthy for you. So when I poured some in a cup to give to her I just called it Sprite, not pop. She didn't like the way it felt on her throat and didn't want to drink it. Well, the genius Daddy told her it was pop and all the sudden she liked it. (At this time I had made her a bed on the floor next to our bed, because she had already gone through both sheet sets for her bed, and I was laying in our bed.) She looked up at me and said, "Thanks pop girl!" I couldn't help but laugh!

Then approximately 5 minutes later she was at it again, barfing everything up! Pretty sure the pop didn't even help!

Let's just say, I'm a walking zombie today! And Maisey is back to normal!

4 comments:

Randi said...

You could keep the flavored sparkling water on hand. It has way less sugar than soda and it still gives the bicarbonate and carbonation that you're looking for. I'd put some fruit juice in it to make it taste better, esp for kids. Sorry you had to deal with all that! The nasty parts of being a mommy.

Danielle said...

i'm with you on the pop thing. but i take it to the weird level and don't even let ethan have juice-just water and milk. he doesn't know any better and he's not drinking so many calories through sweetened drinks. glad she's feeling better and hope you can get some rest soon!

Telvis said...

When I have bouts of that I do the following:
Cokein a bottle (not diet or anything weird)

Pour some out, close the bottle and shake it until all the carbonation is gone (you know... shake it, open it, close it, shake it... etc), and after it is completely flat, drink in small gulps.

Caffeine is good to calm your stomach, and it gives you water and sugar...

Good Luck, I hope Maisey is feeling better already...

janel said...

Yeah sprite or that coke idea is ok when they have a somewhat upset stomach but once they already start throwing up just try to keep them hydrated and sodas don't help so stick to gatorade, good old fashion water (it's the best to keep throwing up) or even pedialyte or whatever they call it for kids. The longer they keep down the pedialyte or gatorade the more electrolytes etc. there body will actually hold on to so that will be helpful and then just let the vomiting ride itself out!