Monday, November 23, 2009

Gage is 7 months and Maisey is just funny!

This big dude is 7 months today! He is generally happier then he ever has been! At his 6 month check up 2 weeks ago he was 18 lbs. 8 oz. No wonder I can barely haul him around anymore! He loves to sit, he loves to play with my jewelry and hair, and he loves to watch his sister be wild and crazy! He loves squash, teething biscuits, and his 2 fuzzy on one side-silky on the other blankies! We call him big guy or brother man, so Maisey tries to call him that too, but it comes out like "bread pan!" He doesn't like to cuddle, he doesn't like to be rocked, and he doesn't like to be sung to. He just likes to watch football! He usually sleeps from 7 to 7 with one brief feeding at 4:30 am and his naps are improving too! He loves to have his picture taken (which I love too!). He also pees a ton (may be TMI, but this is for journaling purposes also!). We have to put an overnight diaper on him, and change it in the middle of the night, and we still end up with over-flowing diapers every once in a while. He's had a little tiny cold this past week, so he's a little grumpy, but nothing like before! All in all, no complaints this month! Just learning to deal with him better!
Isn't he cute?
------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday was our ward's primary program! The nursery kids were invited to come up and sing one song with the rest of the primary. We had been practicing all week and Maisey was even belting it out at the luncheon on Saturday, but I was sure that once she got up there she wouldn't sing! Well, she proved me wrong! She sang all of the words to "Jesus Said Love Everyone." I was so proud of her!
So, in the past, Maisey had a severe biting problem. But only to one person, one of the girls I babysit. This girl, Lizzy, is always in her space, and I'm pretty sure Maisey feels threatened by her and she doesn't know how else to express that feeling so she bites her. Well, even though it is somewhat justified, it is still not ok for her to bite! So after trying several different discipline methods, which were not working, my cousin suggested trying hot sauce. So I bought some tabasco sauce and it only took about 3 times of having one drop of hot sauce on a spoon and she had stopped biting! Well, in the last 2 weeks, this problem has creeped up again. Not as often, but I wanted to nip it in the bud again so I started the hot sauce regimine. Well, last Wednesday, Maisey needed hot sauce, so I put one tiny drop on a spoon just like normal, and gave it to her and she just licked her lips and said, "Yum Mommy -- I like hot sauce!"
Ok, so what do I do now???
(As a side note, I was cleaning out my cupboards last night and the bottle of tabasco sauce fell from the top shelf and shattered, spilling everywhere. So now she really won't be getting it anymore!)

No comments: