Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter

We had a great Easter with just our own little family this year. The Easter Bunny visited in the morning and left a few fun things for the kids. They got some coloring stuff and magnet sets for church, movies, bubbles, books, and Gage got a tractor and Maisey a Barbie Beetle. The Easter Bunny also hid some eggs around the family room for them to find.


Yes, I know it's Easter and I know Maisey is wearing Christmas jammies. She does her own thing and there is no talking her out of it!

 That is a full mouth of Peeps!




 Maisey was sooooo excited to get "dollars and coins"!!!

 And he was content rolling around in robin eggs with a mouth full of Hershey's bunnies!

 Easter breakfast was orange juice, Easter egg doughnuts, and bananas.

After the morning festivities, we headed to church. Maisey was very excited to come home and tell us all about her Easter lesson. She sure loves stories about Jesus. And Gage came home telling us all about "Jesus Christ." It can't just be Jesus to him. Shaun taught an Easter lesson in EQ and our YW presidency did a silent Easter lesson that I found online. It was really powerful and effective.

We had a yummy Easter dinner then headed down to the Stake Center for the Stake Easter Fireside that I had a part in. I was really nervous, but it ended up turning out really well. I'm just glad it's over!

 See my name at the bottom?

This was my costume!
Haha! I can't believe I actually put this picture on here, but my mom said my kids will enjoy looking back at it one day and I'm sure they will!

I am very grateful for Jesus Christ's sacrifice for me. I am grateful that I am able to repent of my short comings and that my family will all be able to live together again.

It was a Happy Easter!!!

No comments: