Monday, April 16, 2012

Wheel of Fortune

We went to the Wheel of Fortune tapings a few weekends ago. It was way fun, just not as fun as I thought it would be. They taped two shows during the session that we had tickets for and those shows will air on May 17 and 18. It was college week, so the contestants weren't super good. We got most of the puzzles before they did. And, I've never been to a taping of a t.v. show before. I didn't realize how long they take and how much down time there is. During one of the many times when we were left waiting for a while, Vanna came out into the audience and talked with people and let people ask her questions. It was fun to see her so close in person. And Pat was pretty cool too! On the show, the set looks like everything is all nice and close, but really it's pretty spread out. And there were people in the aisles telling us when to clap. After 3+ hours of clapping, my hands hurt really bad! We couldn't take phones or cameras in (although some people somehow snuck them in) so I don't have any pics from that night except for these!

 In the parking garage, getting ready to walk up to the Convention Center.

And the totally cool blinky pin that we got as souveniers! I really wanted to wear mine the next day, but Shaun was kind of embarrassed. I'm not sure why!

It's still my dream to be on that show one day. . .

No comments: