Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Maisey's Talk

My bright spot of the weekend was Maisey's Primary Talk. Her topic was something like, "Jesus was resurrected and I can be too." 

This was her first talk she did with out any help.


I was so proud of her!

Here is the script:

This is my Papa. When I was a tiny baby, he died. I didn’t get to know my Papa for very long, and sometimes I’m really sad about that.


This is Jesus. Because of his atonement and resurrection, I don’t have to be sad all the time. When Jesus died and came back to life, He made it possible for my Papa to one day have a perfect body. That will happen when Jesus comes back to earth and people are resurrected. I can hardly wait, because then I will see my Papa again.


I know sometimes people die. My family still gets sad sometimes when we think of my Papa. But we know that Jesus suffered for our sins, died for us, and was resurrected so that we can be resurrected too.


I’m glad I will be able to see my Papa and that he will be healthy. I’m also glad that Heavenly Father and Jesus loved us enough to make the Atonement happen so we can see the people we love again.


I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: