Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Rest of February

 February is the shortest month of the year, but it seemed to drag on and on for me! 

 We went on our Valentine's date and I got a huge plate of my favorite: Nachos!

 We found this shirt for Shaun when we were shopping on our date night. He loves Shamrock milkshakes, so of course, we got him the shirt!

While we were out, my mom sent me this pic of Miley! She was so excited to be having a movie night with her brother and sister. They watched a Valentine Charlie Brown. All three kids loved it! (except for now Gage goes around saying stupid this, or stupid that.:( Mom's not loving that!)

The kids are still in swim lessons! They absolutely love it and both chose to do the next session of swim lessons instead of signing up for T-ball. Fine by me! No Saturday commitments and no standing in the rain and no mud!!!!

 Maisey practicing her side breathing and her arm strokes.

 Gage has been particularly funny to watch lately. There are two teachers for his class and he only likes one of them. He always chooses her to jump in to and to swim with. If the other teacher tries to swim with him he will say no and point to the teacher that he likes. He gives the teacher hugs and pats her on the back and shoulder. It is really cute!


Lovin' the pool time!

 The kids got hair cuts, and in Gage's case, ear cuts!

 Miley pulled herself up to standing for the first time.

 We got a brand new missionary in our ward, a "greenie" if you will, and his companion asked us to make him a green dinner since we were the first family feeding him. I made homemade Alfredo sauce (a new recipe that was delicious!), fettuccine, broccoli, chicken, green Jell-O jigglers, and green homemade Parmesan bread sticks. We had mint chocolate chip ice cream for dessert. It was all really good and fun to make! 

On the last day of February, Miley had her 9 mo. check up. It was down in Salem, so we went to run errands first. In 2.5 hours with 2 kids I got the oil changed in the van, went to Michael's, Famous Footwear, Target, Panera Bread, Costco, and the doctor. It was a hectic morning, but it felt good to get everything done.  

I got Gage some lunch at Costco and he insisted on eating at the tables there instead of in the car. So we found a table to sit at while he ate his lunch. Three different tables of old ladies swarmed us and couldn't stop telling me how cute my kids were. It was somewhat comical how much attention we were getting.




I mean I know she is cute (a picture taken before we left to run all the errands) but it was just funny how many ladies were oooing and awwwwing over them.

 Miley ate her lunch on the run 

And I ate mine in the car! Have I ever told you how obsessed I am with Panera's salads? Delicious!

Anyway, Miley's 9 month stats were:
Height: 27.5 in (37%)
Weight: 18.3 lbs (30%)
Head: 44.0 (43%)

And we officially ended February with a nice shot in the leg for the cute babe!

So glad it's over!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Grandparents (and Grandmas in particular) are funny when it comes to babies. I think I'll be the same way though when I'm old and missing having babies. And seriously, I can't believe you guys have the missionaries over. We can barely survive dinner time with just us. Add in guests and it ain't pretty. We tried it once, a couple of years ago, and it left me scarred. Maybe we should try again....