Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Late

Who still writes checks at the store? I went to Costco today. I had timed my errands perfectly to make it back in time to pick Maisey up from school. Well, the man in front of me in the check out line was writing a check, but was having some trouble. TEN minutes later he got it figured out and it was my turn. Then I got stuck behind him at the receipt check at the exit! UGH!!! I was very late picking Maisey up from school. I ran into her classroom to get her and she was sitting on the carpet reading books. As I profusely apologized to her teacher, Maisey cleaned up the books and we were out the door.

As we were walking to the car I apologized to Maisey for being so late and she said to me, "Mom you just moved to 4th place on my favorite people list." I asked her who #1 was and she said, "The old Mom who was never late."

OUCH.

No comments: