Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Three Thoughts for Today!

* At what point do you not swoop in a save your kids and let them learn a lesson? Today, Maisey forgot her coat in the van when I dropped her off at school. I didn't notice until I got home and was getting Gage out. I thought maybe I would drop it off to her at school after I dropped Gage off at preschool. On my way home from preschool it started sprinkling. And I thought, "If I don't take Maisey  her coat, I bet she will always remember the recess that she froze and got rained on and she'll probably never forget her coat again." But then I thought, "SHE'S FIVE!!!" What would you have done? 

* Gage's birthday is coming up and this is the kids' year for parties! Gage has been begging for a train birthday party, and I was happy with that theme. Key word is was! I  had some great ideas and wanted to do the whole party as trains, and not Thomas! I started planning it, and and went shopping yesterday to start collecting things for it and it turned out to be a lot harder than I thought it would be. Felling defeated, I came home last night and decided to go the easy, very non-creative route, and just go with the Thomas theme. I'm a little disappointed, but in the end, Gage will probably be more excited with Thomas than just trains. We are keeping the party super low-key this year, just Primary and Preschool class kids, so it's going to be pretty easy now that the theme changed slightly!

* I spent a whole day changing my blog around the other day and I accidentally changed it to all black and don't know how to get it back. :( Very frustrating!




No comments: